Sunday, January 17, 2010

Here we go again

We have yet another stream of storms coming our way. Here is the forcast...

"THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF WINTER STORMS WILL REACH THE SIERRA AS EARLY AS LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON. SNOW LEVELS WILL INITIALLY START AT 5500 TO 6000 FEET THEN DROP TO AROUND 5000 FEET MONDAY EVENING. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WITH THIS SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO OCCUR SUNDAY EVENING...MONDAY AFTERNOON AND MONDAY EVENING. A BREAK IN THE SNOW IS LIKELY LATE SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING. THIS SYSTEM WILL INCREASE WINDS WITH SIERRA RIDGE WINDS IN EXCESS OF 70 MPH POSSIBLE...WITH LOWER ELEVATION GUSTS OF 40 MPH OR MORE
ADDITIONAL STORMS ARE FORECAST TO MOVE INTO THE SIERRA THROUGH NEXT WEEK. THESE STORMS WILL LIKELY BRING STRONG WINDS AND PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW...WITH SEVERAL FEET OF ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS."

Sounds like our little home, which is at 7200 feet, is going to get buried. We have up to 30 inches of snow predicted just in the next two days,so the boys are waxing up their snowboards and I am working on two of the cutest pillows. I am going to put these ones up for sale in my shop.

Here is a little taste of 'em...



I pieced together the tops/fronts of the pillows and now I am going to quilt them. I am pondering the idea of adding buttons or maybe some embroidery. These pillows are going to have that striped ruffle too!

A closer look.
Don't you just adore this fabric.

It is a print called "Cherie" by ? for Clothworks. I can't make out the full name.
Have a cozy warm day.

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, that Cherie fabric is adorable. And it looks like you live in such a beautiful place - I'd move to the mountains in a minute -- if only our jobs could move with us!

Jennifer D said...

Thimbeanna you are right, I do live in a beautiful place but jobs are scarce. ETSY save me!